We started MEAVO in 2018, believing that existing acoustic and privacy solutions for the modern office are either too expensive or not adequate. After months of prototyping and product development, we started selling our office phone booths in January 2019. We have since equipped hundreds of offices with our booths and received great feedback from our clients in London!
We are now looking to expand our operations beyond London and are looking for a bright and energetic country manager to join us and kick-off operations in Paris.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to kick off our expansion into Europe. As one of the first employees of MEAVO, this is a unique opportunity to join a quickly growing startup that is disrupting a profitable industry. You will report directly to one of the company’s co-founders and will be able to lean on their direct support, including their periodic presence in Paris. You will have full autonomy and the chance to become one of the cornerstones of the future growth of MEAVO.
Your main objective will be to kick off sales and operations in Paris. This will include the following responsibilities:
Sales & Marketing:
- Set and implement the market release and growth strategy.
- Advise on the best sales channels and tactics for the region, as well as execute campaigns.
- Provide vital input for localised digital marketing campaigns.
- Shape our internet presence, sales materials and physical local presence to the best fit with the market.
- Liaise with potential customers, responding to inquiries and answering any questions.
- Set up the local operations and fulfilment network, beginning with securing a local warehouse.
- Set up the first MEAVO booths display units in Paris, so potential clients can come to experience the product.
- Build a network of workers, who will fulfil our full service offering – including assembly, after-sales maintenance, repair and relocation of our office phone booths.
- Attend and helping with all assemblies in the initial months to learn everything about the product. This will enable you to advise and train the assembly crews and workers as we expand the operational team.
- Provide continuous customer feedback to help improve our products.
- Travel occasionally to London and Sofia
As we already developed a playbook to launch a city we will be there for you to guide you during the first months.
Your performance and remuneration will be evaluated based on your ability to grow local sales as well as to develop and manage local operations in order to satisfy our customers and meet set sales targets.
What do you need to land the job?
- Ideally, you will have a background in sales or operations. You will have worked in a dynamic, fast moving small business.
- Most importantly, you will need an entrepreneurial mindset and be willing to undertake every and any activity. Especially at the beginning, this will be a hands on job!
- You will be very organised, resourceful and able to work independently, without direct oversight.
- Professional working proficiency in English and French is required.
- The ideal candidate will also possess the following qualities: excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a great sense of humour!
In addition to a set monthly salary, you will have the opportunity to earn performance based bonuses, as well as get access to the company’s ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). Success will be fully dependent on your drive and dedication to establish and grow MEAVO Office Phone Booths in Paris.
How to Apply
Please send us your CV (or link to your LinkedIn profile) and a couple of short paragraphs about you and why you are keen to join MEAVO to hello[at]meavo.com