1. About us
- MEAVO Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at International House, 12 Constance Street, London E16 2DQ. Our VAT numbers are: GB294870555 (UK) and DE343397319 (Germany). MEAVO is a registered trade mark (UK00003296104, EU18077820).
- You can place an order on our website, or by emailing or calling us. These terms and conditions apply to all sales of our products. We expressly reject any terms and conditions you provide to us, including any terms and conditions referenced on any purchase order you submit to us.
- Got questions? Email us at email@example.com
- Our products are sold to businesses for business purposes. We do not sell our Product to consumers.
2. Information about our Products
- We try hard to ensure that all information on our website or that we give to you, including product descriptions, spec sheets and prices, are accurate at all times. Seriously, we really try hard. However, if we do mess up we’ll try to fix it as soon as possible, and if we spot that an error has affected your order we’ll do our very best to let you know right away with details of how it affects your order.
- When browsing our website or any documents the colours of products may vary depending on a few factors such as your display settings or if you’ve got one of those privacy screens on your laptop! In general pictures and images on our website and in any documents are for illustration purposes only. For an accurate description of any product and details of what is included with the product, please read the product description and spec sheet.
- All products are subject to availability.
- We will do our best to check our website for viruses but we do not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other malicious content. We hate them hackers and haters too.
- Soundproofing: Our enclosed booths (Soho, Shoreditch and Camden models) are great at keeping conversations private. Please note that they are NOT 100% soundproof. You may be able to listen into conversations held inside our booths depending on various factors: how loud the person inside is speaking, the noise level of the surrounding environment, and how far other people are sitting or standing away from the booth.
3. Order conditions
- You need to be at least 18 years old if you want to purchase a product and have the authority of the company or organisation paying for the products.
- We deliver our products to addresses in the United Kingdom and most of the European Union / European Economic Area. If you aren’t sure if we can deliver to you, please email us to check.
- Installation (all markets): Please inquire as our coverage changes from time to time depending on the location and the product (send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Don’t worry though, we will give you installation instructions if we don’t install the products in your area.
- Our standard hours of operation including for site visits, installations, or after-sales repairs are 9am – 5pm local time (UK, Germany and France respectively) Mon – Fri (excl. bank / regional / national holidays). Any services provided outside of these hours is at our discretion and may require an extra charge. Our logistics partners who deliver the unassembled products have their own standard hours of operation / delivery. Please contact us at email@example.com to obtain these.
4. Order process, Payment
- After placing your order online you will receive an order confirmation email. However, acceptance of any order (whether online or offline) only happens when we send you an acceptance email.
- Although we hope to be able to supply all products ordered, we reserve the right, at our discretion and without the need to give reasons, not to accept any order at any time. If we refuse your order we will let you know as soon as reasonably possible.
- You can pay the price for the product via bank transfer or online with all major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal and Stripe.
- If you order online, we take payment from your card at the time you place your order. For all other orders, all payments are due strictly in accordance with our invoice terms. If any payment is not made by the due date, then we reserve the right to charge interest in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 and cancel your order without liability. We may not deliver your products unless all payments have been made in full. All prices on the website are exclusive of VAT and any applicable delivery / installation fees.
- If we discover an error in our pricing, or if there are additional costs associated with your order such as delivery or installation fees, we will inform you as soon as possible and you will then be given the option of cancelling or re-confirming your order to reflect any changes in the costs due. If for any reason we are unable to contact you using the contact details you have provided we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email. So if we call please pick up! Any cancelled orders will be refunded within 14 days of notice of the cancellation.
5. Order Cancellations
- Once your order is accepted, you can’t cancel your order without express consent from us. Any refunds are issued at our discretion.
- We do our best to fulfil your order, but we can cancel an order for any reason on written notice to you, if, for example, we have insufficient stock of products or difficulties with our manufacturing and delivery process for products. We will of course refund you if we have to cancel your order, and aim to do so within 14 days of notifying you of the cancellation.
6. Delivery terms
- We use a delivery company to deliver, and where agreed, install our products. We aim to deliver your order within the stated lead-time. There may be times where we are unable to meet the stated lead-time due to factors beyond our control such as shortage of materials, a breakdown of a machine, reduced freight options, staff illness, etc. We will be in touch as soon as we can should your lead-time change. Please note that we will not be liable for any loss of revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, for any injury to your reputation or for any losses which may incur due to us not meeting the stated lead-time.
- We advise you not to make any plans to install your products until we or our delivery company has confirmed the date with you. If that date isn’t acceptable to you, please request a different delivery date as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours before the planned delivery date by contacting the delivery company or us directly. If you cancel a scheduled delivery within 48 hours before the planned delivery date there may be an extra charge to cover any costs incurred due to the late notice given.
- If the delivery company has to change the agreed delivery date due to unforeseen circumstances (such as lorry breakdown, traffic accident, major traffic delays or severe weather or global pandemic), the delivery company will do its best to contact you to rearrange an alternative delivery time slot or date.
- On the day of delivery please ensure that there is sufficient access and space, and an authorised individual available. Unless we have agreed to install the products, it is your responsibility to unload the products unless otherwise stated. If we are unable to deliver or install the products because of something you have or haven’t done, we will try to re-arrange delivery/installation, but we may charge you all storage costs, additional delivery costs and other costs we incur.
- In the event that you would like to reschedule the delivery/installation date please contact us or the delivery partner at least 48 hours before the scheduled delivery/installation date and we or our delivery partner will try our best to accommodate your request. If you need to cancel the scheduled delivery/installation date within 48 hours of the scheduled delivery/installation date we may charge you all storage costs, additional delivery costs and other costs we incur due to giving late notice.
- In the event that you told us or our delivery partner that a lift is available at your premises we may pass on any additional staircase carrying fees should the lift be unavailable, out of order or too small to fit our flat-pack panels.
- Once delivery of the products has been made, risk of ownership, and ownership of the product, passes to you. The warranty period also starts at this point.
- If we install the products, you must make sure that you have all necessary permissions, including from the landlord of the property where installation shall take place.
7. Damaged products on delivery
- Please check the panels and/or products on delivery. If any items are damaged or not working properly please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days of delivery and in any event before you arrange to have the product installed. Please keep any damaged panels and/or product so that we can inspect it at a later date or we may ask you to send us photographs. If you throw away any damaged panels and/or product before we have had the opportunity to inspect it you may not be entitled to a refund or a replacement. We’ll always attempt to repair or replace any damaged panel and/or product or offer a partial refund. However, if we are unable to do so we will refund you with the full amount you have paid for the product(s) together with any paid delivery charges. In the event that we’re not providing our installation service, you will have to replace any parts such as panels, product or electrical components yourself. We reserve the right to reimburse you for any costs you may incur as part of the replacement works. The reimbursement amount is at our discretion.
- If we have agreed to install the products and we notice any damage on delivery, we shall notify you accordingly, and we shall either repair or replace the damaged panel or offer a partial refund.
- We shall have no other liability to you for damaged products except as set out above.
8. Returns and refund policy (UK & EU/EEA excl. DE/FR)
- We don’t offer returns or any refunds just because you don’t need the product anymore (e.g. you are moving out of the office, your client didn’t take up the lease, your client doesn’t need them anymore), or if you realise the products aren’t used as much as you anticipated, etc. Our products are sold to businesses for business purposes, so any consumer rights do not apply.
- However, if in the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the performance of our products, you are entitled to return the products as set out below. If you wish to return a product please contact email@example.com first.
- If you are in our records of visitors to one of our showrooms before placing the order you can return the product for free within 30 days of delivery. If we installed the product we will disassemble the product and return them to our warehouse free of charge and issue a full refund assuming our products are still in new and unused condition. If we didn’t install the products we will still pick up the products free of charge but you will have to disassemble the products yourself and package them for transport. Again, the products must be in new and unused condition.
- If you aren’t in our records of visitors to one of our showrooms before placing the order, you can still return any product within 30 days of delivery but charges will apply. You will have two options in the UK (excl. Northern Ireland):
i) You disassemble the product, package it safely, and arrange your own return to our UK warehouse (RH20 3DW). The handling fee is £199 + VAT for each SOHO or SHOREDITCH phone booth, £399 + VAT for each CAMDEN pod and £99 + VAT for each HOXTON wall mount phone pod.
ii) We can arrange the return for you.
SOHO, SHOREDITCH and HOXTON products: If the product is within the M25 we can also disassemble the product. The pick-up fee (+ disassembly if within the M25) for each SOHO or SHOREDITCH phone booth is £399 + VAT. The fee for each HOXTON wall mount phone pod is £299 + VAT. No extra handling fee applies. If the product is outside of the M25 (but within mainland GB – England, Scotland and Wales, excludes islands, inaccessible regions, and Northern Ireland), we can’t provide disassembly. However, we can pick up the disassembled products if packaged safely for the fees stated: £399 + VAT per SOHO/SHOREDITCH booth and £299 + VAT per HOXTON pod. No extra handline fee applies.
CAMDEN pods: The pick-up fee is £999 + vat. This includes disassembly in mainland GB (excludes islands, inaccessible regions, and Northern Ireland). No extra handling fee applies.
5. For all other delivery locations (e.g. Northern Ireland, islands or inaccessible regions in GB, and any country in the EU/EEA aside from Germany and France), you will need to arrange your own return to our warehouse in the UK (RH20 3DW). The handling fees are as stated in point 4 i) above.
6. Within 14 days of the products returned to our warehouse, we will refund the price you paid for the products only (excluding any delivery or installation fees where applicable) to the same payment card or account used to pay for the order less the handling, pick up and disassembly fees set out above. However, please note that we may reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the products if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products, or damage in disassembly or returns (unless carried out by us).
9. Returns and Refunds in Germany and France only:
- We don’t offer returns or any refunds just because you don’t need the product anymore (e.g. you are moving out of the office, your client didn’t take up the lease, your client doesn’t need them anymore), or if you realise the products aren’t used as much as you anticipated, etc. Our products are sold to businesses for business purposes, so any consumer rights do not apply. In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the performance of our products, you are entitled to free returns of our products within 30 days of delivery.
- If we installed the products we will dis-assemble the products and return them to our warehouse free of charge and issue a full refund assuming our products are still in new and unused condition.
- If we didn’t install the product you will have to disassemble it yourself. We will still collect the product free of charge. We will refund the price you paid for the product only (excluding any delivery fees or installation fees where applicable) and credit the refund you are due via the same payment method you used, within 14 days of the products returned to our warehouse. However, please note that we may reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the products if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products or damage in disassembly or returns (unless carried out by us).
- We warrant that the products shall be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose for 12 months from the delivery date unless otherwise agreed in writing. If in your view the products do not comply with the warranty during the warranty period, you shall notify us accordingly within 10 days of becoming aware of the fault. Please send photographs of the fault and we may come to inspect the product further. If following such inspection, we agree that the products do not comply with the warranty, we shall repair or replace the product or any component of the product, including a panel.
- If any electrical component becomes faulty within the stated warranty period, we will send you a replacement free of charge along with instructions on how to replace the faulty item. You will have to replace any electrical component yourself unless otherwise agreed by us. Please always unplug the booth before replacing any electrical components.
- The warranty shall not apply if the fault arises because:
- you or any installer of the products (except us) has not complied with our installation instructions;
- of minor imperfections or cosmetic deterioration caused by normal wear and tear for example scuffs or scratches;
- the products, including a panel have been damaged by your act or omission or the act or omission of a third party;
- you or any third party has attempted to repair the Products;
- the products have been damaged by wilful default or an accident, abnormal storage or working conditions and/or negligence by you or by any third party or any external cause such as fire, theft, attempted theft or explosion or outdoor use; and/or
- failure to operate due to loss of electrical connection at any time.
11. Our liability
- Our entire liability to you under these general terms and conditions and returns policy shall not exceed the price paid for the products you have purchased from us.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss of revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunity, for any injury to your reputation or for any losses that are not reasonably foreseeable by both of us at the time your purchase is made or your order is accepted.
- We will not be liable for any losses you sustain as a result of you using our website which includes downtime due to updating or modifying content.
- Despite the limitations in paragraphs above, we do not in any way limit our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for our fraud. Somehow sounds morbid…
12. Links and Sharing
- Any links or opportunities to share (via social media, blogs, and similar sites and communication services) on our website are provided solely for your use and convenience. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked website. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are linked to or from our website or for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that provide these linked websites and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense, costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
- Please note that if you do share content onto other platforms, there may be separate terms and conditions connected to the organisation that allows you to share. Please check the terms and conditions of any site you intend to share to. Some terms and conditions may prohibit you from sharing our content.
- We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
- The content of all parts of the website belongs to MEAVO Limited. This includes copyright in all of the text, descriptions and images. It also includes trade marks in our name.
14. What not to do
You are prohibited from using the website and its content:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts;
- to violate any international, national, provincial or local regulations, rules, laws, or ordinances;
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others;
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- to submit false or misleading information;
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the website or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet;
- to collect or track the personal information of others;
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape;
- for any obscene or immoral purpose; or
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of our website or any related website, other websites, or the Internet.
- If you breach these terms and conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these terms and conditions or returns policy.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable it shall have effect to the maximum extent permitted by law, or, if not so permitted, shall be deemed deleted.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. Let’s hope we never have to see ourselves there!
Last update: 15 June 2021